- About USA
- Alumni Affairs
- Academic Programs
- University Life
- Student Services
College of Arts & Sciences
PAASCU Accredited Level III
A premiere and dynamic college of arts and sciences with globally competitive educational programs and services, highly qualified faculty members and competent graduates, molded in the liberal education to be men of Knowledge, Values, Skills and in the Augustinian charism of “one mind and one heart on the way to God.”
The College of Arts and Sciences was formerly the College of Liberal Arts which was opened in 1935 and was the oldest college in the University. Its initial offering was the Preparatory Law Course. It was the first college in the University and in the region to be accredited by the Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities (PAASCU) in 1977. Since then, up to the present, the college has maintained its Level III clean accreditation status.
The Liberal Arts curricula provide a basis and solid preparation for a field of specialization in medical, dental, legal, teaching and other professions.
In 2002, the College of Liberal arts was renamed, College of Arts and Sciences. The College has grown and expanded in terms programs in the Arts and Sciences.
In 2003, the College of Arts and Sciences was made as the service college for the General Education program. Its supervisory functions expanded thereby administering and supervising the delivery of general education courses for the whole university. All GE teachers were brought under the administration of the College Dean who exercised such function through the Department Chairmen: Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Humanities, Languages, Mathematics and Physics, and Social Sciences.
A dynamic college fostering excellent liberal education imbued with Augustinian charism for the common good.
To form students into Augustinian professionals through a holistic education in the humanities, arts and sciences.
Specifically, the college endeavors in:
- interiorizing the Augustinian values;
- fostering a learning environment that optimizes critical thinking and creativity;
- offering relevant and globally competitive programs and services;-
- providing innovative and research-based instruction in the General Education and professional courses;
- intensifying the culture of research and community outreach among students and faculty;
- enhancing the competency and personal development of its human resource;
- strengthening partnership and network collaboration with local, national and international agencies;
- creating resource network for institutional sustainability.
Bachelor of Arts in
- Communication Arts/Mass Communication
- Political Science
Bachelor of Science in
- Computer Science
- Foreign Service
- Information Technology